Thursday, March 15, 2012

Majorca Flats -- 289


When Cody's sobbing had died down to a muted snuffling and hiccuping, Colin did a quick on-line search and then made a couple of phone calls from the telephone extension in the corner.
They could all hear what he was saying.
Yes, it's important. And urgent. He'll be there in an hour. Can you send the report to me? This is my police email address. Yes. Yes, exactly. Just let me get the address and phone number. Thank you. I appreciate it.”
He put the phone down. “Right. I've found a gay doctor who'll help you. He sounds like a good bloke.” He gave Luigi the address. “I said you'd be there in an hour. Will you be able to do that?”
Yes.” Luigi was firm. He met Colin's eyes. Colin was the first to look away.
Colin shook their hands as they left. At the door to the police station, he took Luigi's arm. Leaning close to him, he said,
Watch him closely. I think he … I think he might kill himself.”
Luigi turned towards him, startled. After a moment, he nodded, accepting the warning.
Could I have your mobile number. I'd like to keep you posted. If you're interested, I mean.”
Colin nodded, and gave it to him. Luigi entered it into his phone.
He's lucky to have you,” Colin said. “Maybe you'll be all he has now. Look after him.”
I will. Believe me.”




Episodes 1 to 220 (without pictures, 10 episodes per chapter)



No comments: