Sunday, July 26, 2015

Off-line



I've been off-line for a month or so, now.  I've been unwell (going for some more tests in 2 weeks' time); depressed; tired.  All that stuff.

Maybe the problem is simple: old age.  I'll be 64 in a few weeks.  And when I say "old age", I mean the way in which life wears us out.  The death of family and friends, of the little dogs we love.  The realisation that no matter how hard you try, ppl are still going to be bigoted and nasty.  The wear and tear of constantly struggling against debts and poverty.  My lady was saying how once we would have bounced back from adversity.  Ah, the resilience of youth!  Now, when things go wrong it's so hard to find the energy to get going again.

Maybe it's that I am unfit.  A desk job; too much wining and dining with clients, not enough exercise (because of sore knees).  On which principle, since I am now swimming 40 lengths (1 km) 3 or 4 times a week, things should improve!  We'll see.  At least I'm losing weight again.

So ... a picture of Venice, a city which fascinates me, which I've never visited, but which I hope to see, one day.


No comments: